Seems as though there may be something in the wind: a number of people are keen to get to know a bit more about other blog writers; their likes and dislikes beyond and outside of creative stitching. Recently I have very kindly been nominated for the Liebster Award. One thing that is nice about this Liebster Award is that it does provide an opportunity to show somebody you appreciate their writing. And for that, I am really honoured and touched to hear that the following three bloggers enjoy reading my blog enough to have recently nominated me:
Danielle from One Small Stitch
Helen from Grosgrain Green
Hazel from Disaster in A Dress
Thank you very much ladies!
I have done a bit of googling and it seems like this is a bit of a chain letter. Unfortunately, a long time ago, I decided against ever participating in chain letter style things so I won't be passing this on any further.
I hope nobody minds. But in the spirit of "Getting to know me" I have decided to answer the questions from the lovely ladies above anyway.
So to finish off, here are my very brief answers to the questions from Danielle:
1. Why did you start sewing?
My Mum sewed and I wanted to make things too
2. Five words that describe you:
This is the hardest question, so I will just be kind to myself
creative, thoughtful, stickler, organised, fun
3. What is your favourite make?
An 1850s dress
4. And your least favourite?
The Sorbetto top
5. What piece(s) of sewing equipment (besides your machine) could you not live without?
6. What are your three favourite blogs?
Did You Make That?
Kate Davies Designs
7. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
8. Sweet tooth or savoury?
9. What's the most daring thing you've ever done?
Moving to Scotland
10. What's your secret for a happy life?
Make sure you like yourself at all times
Alison's Questions that are different to those above:
2. What's your favourite part of sewing/making?
I really love the thinking and the planning the most.
3. And least favourite?
Finishing the seams
4. Who is your muse/style idol/style inspiration/style crush? Can be real or fictional. Famous or civilian.
7. What's your sewing/making bete noire? Your biggest challenge, or the thing you've been putting off?
Tweed waistcoat for myself
8. Where do you find inspiration?
Pattern Review and sewing blogs
9. Do you have any other hobbies, other than sewing/making?
Reading and keeping chickens
10. What is your sewing set up? Do you have a dedicated sewing space? Are you relegated to a corner of the living room?
I have slowly taken over the guest bedroom and have a desk and a few hatboxes for fabric storage in there.
And here are Hazel's questions that are different from the other two:
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I'm living the dream - I've always wanted to live in Scotland
3. Online fabric shopping: yes or no?
Yes - I live rurally so have to rely on online shopping
4. What essentials could you not leave your house without?
wallet and glasses
5. Who are your fantasy dinner party guests?
L.M.Montgomery, Louisa May Alcott, Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte
6. What inspires you to craft?
I like pretty things and saying that I made them myself
7. What is your most visited website?
8. What are the top 5 most played songs in your iTunes/Music library?
I like recordings of Women's Hour from BBC4
9. What is the background on your desktop/phone home screen?
Photograph I took of a local river
10. What is your favourite TV programme?
Great British Sewing Bee at the moment
11. Do you prefer working stretch or woven fabrics?
If you did click over to My guest post, and are still reading here, then I thank you very much! Please leave a comment to say "Hi"