Monday 11 March 2013

and it's Tonsillitis for me!

I went to the Glasgow SECC to see the International Craft and Hobby Fair on Saturday.
I went with a card-making friend and she was thrilled at seeing an entire exhibition hall full to the brim with traders all focused on card making.  I looked around with her but of course I was just itching to get into the other exhibition hall for stitchers!

There were lots of cross-stitch and embroidery stalls, lots of patchwork and a few knitting stalls.
Only one stand had bolts of dressmaking fabrics, so I got these:

The red one is quilting cotton that I will make into the godets of a red skirt.  I don't have a pattern yet, but this fabric knows what it wants to be.  I love how the wild flowers get smaller and smaller the further up the fabric they go.
I knew immediately that the green lawn and the white/blue/red chiffon-like fabric would become the blouse from Butterick 5692.  I just love it when the material knows what it wants to be!

I am also planning to make a quilt for a niece as a house-warming gift in blues, so here are some of the fabrics I bought for that quilt:

The greens won't be going into the quilt, but they came with the selection of blues as a pack, but I don't mind as green is my favourite colour and i will definitely be able to find a happy home for them.  The brown fat quarter with the vintage ladies I bought on a whim really and have no idea what I will do with those pretty gals - probably a gift.

So that was Saturday... then I woke up on Sunday, with lots of sewing intentions, and had a very sore throat and very little ability to swallow or even move for that matter.  I was so achey all over that I took the day off work and went to the Doctors today.
Turns out I have tonsillitis.
 Ugh.
Now I am on bed rest, paracetomol and antibiotics.  Hopefully I'll be back to work by Friday.

9 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon!

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nessa, hope you can knit and feel better soon. Those are some lovely fabrics and yes - I love it when a fabric knows what it wants to be. g

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, i love the wildflower fabric!

    Feel better soon! Boo tonsillitis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon. Poppies are one of my favourite flowers, so I too love the red fabric! And the vintage ladies are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear you're unwell. Hope you're back on your feet again soon, with plenty of energy to start creating with those gorgeous fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just came to say hi. Hope your tonsillitis is much better now - I used to get it a lot and it is horrible. Lovely new fabrics. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your haul from the show! Esp that craft cotton with the retro ladies! Hope you're feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all your kind thoughts ladies. I'm feeling about 80% which is much better. Such a pain to be at home all day but have no energy to create anything at all. Imagine getting a week at home with good health - all the things that would be accomplished!!!
    I'm back to work on Monday and hopefully everything else will be back to normal too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh, I recognise some of those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for wanting to leave a message, but I have now had to stop messages due to rude spam.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...