Sunday 8 July 2012

Sally Shirt Dress


In the pattern for this dress, Kay gives a good tip for easing in the sleeves, she suggests putting the sleeve fabric closest to the machine's feed dogs whilst having the material for the body of the dress on top. This is to allow in a bit of 'ease' to the dress.
I wish I had read this tip before I sewed the two front panels of the dress, as the bottom piece (the facing) is stiffer and doesn't move about, whereas the top piece did move a wee bit, and as you can see in this photo, bubbled up a bit, you can even see I have already unpicked my stitching and am having to re-do it because of the wave of fabric in front.

At least I've learnt a new idea for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for wanting to leave a message, but I have now had to stop messages due to rude spam.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...