Friday 11 April 2014

Glow in the Dark Star Wars Pyjamas

Today I got stuck in and completed a pair of pyjama pants in one day!
front
I didn't do the best job at pattern matching on the front seam, but I am happy with the overall balance of the print, the "Star Wars" text is running horizontally to the floor and is spread out fairly well across the width of the front.
back
And the best bit about this pattern is that there are pockets on both sides!  Very useful for hankies and mobile phones.  The pattern I used is Butterick 5572.


Every single seam has been neatly finished on my overlocker - first time I've really used it for anything important and I must say that it is a very satisfying feeling to see all those neat edges!

Sorry I haven't got any glow in the dark photos for you.  It was really tricky to take any photos in the dark without the flash going off.  The only parts on the fabric that glow in the dark are the crossed over light sabers.
My dear husband kindly modeled these for me but they are actually getting posted off to Australia as a gift.  I am positive they will be well loved, but fingers crossed that they fit!!


Linking up to Katy's Finish-Along.  This is one of my sewing goals for Spring (Q2) and it's completed!  Yay!

14 comments:

  1. Yay well done! Love that they have pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are brilliant, I will be making some for E! A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool pyjamas I'm sure they will be well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I think you've done a great job. Where did you get the fabric?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! I meant to say where I got the fabric from, thanks for asking! It was from Plush Addict, a UK online fabric shop.

      Delete
  5. Glow in the dark?! Fabulous :oD

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! I have an entire family here that would love if I made some of these! Pockets are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh they look good! I need to make more pj bottoms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think you can never have enough PJs too.

      Delete
  8. They're fantastic! You really do make the most wonderful gifts :) I must track down that pattern...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naw, thanks Danielle. I should make more hand made gifts.
      After buying this pattern full price, I heard that Burda have a free PJ bottoms pattern on their website, might be worth tracking that down instead.

      Delete
    2. Yep, Nessa is so very thoughtful and generous. Nessa has sent my lil girl 1 book for every month she's been with us. She's now 3 plus lots of other lovely things

      Delete
  9. They fit really well! Thank you! Les loves them. I will try and get a glow in the dark pic but fear the same will happen xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for wanting to leave a message, but I have now had to stop messages due to rude spam.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...